What is The Mt. Adams Strategic Plan?
In September 2007, the Mt. Adams Civic Association decided it was time to pursue a formalized community planning effort to develop a common vision for our neighborhood. The motivations for this effort are many, but fundamentally stem from the growing pains our small community has been feeling for years.
At the beginning of 2008 the Mt. Adams Civic Association and the City of Cincinnati Department of City Planning came together to develop a strategic plan for our community. To position Mt. Adams for future growth it was necessary to undertake a planning process that encourages a balanced community for homeowners, families, renters, businesses, retailers, taverns, restaurants, the arts, and more.
This community planning process did not happen overnight. It took considerable effort on the part of the community volunteers and city staff. With the planning department’s encouragement, we created a “steering committee” to include a diverse group of people who represent different points of view. With the city’s help, we collected ideas, concerns, and feedback from all who have a stake in the future of Mt. Adams.
The best way for you to participate in bringing this vision to life is by attending the Mt. Adams Civic Association monthly meetings, sharing your thoughts, and volunteering. Please spread the word!
THE PLAN IS:
- A vision for the future.
- A set of strategies and actions for achieving the vision.
- A guide for future decisions made by Mt. Adams and the City of Cincinnati.
- A process based on community census.
- Directed by the Mt. Adams Civic Association.
- An instrument to tackle the community’s most important issues.
- Targeted in focus areas for the greatest impact.
THE PLAN IS NOT:
- A “city‐do” list, but a list of strategies that can be implemented by various groups including the City, the Civic Association, the Business Guild, and other local organizations.
- Intended to solve every problem.
If you like what you hear, please get involved. We just need lots of people giving a little bit of their time and attention to be successful. Plus, you will get to meet many of your neighbors who love the hill. Here is a link to the volunteer form. Please download it and send it back to get started. Thank you for your time!
To learn more about The Mt. Adams Strategic Plan please read and review the documents below.
Executive Summary and the Full Plan: